IBPS RRB Exam – Strategy Tips for Reasoning Ability
IBPS RRB Exam is conducted by the Institute ERP of Banking Personnel Selection to recruit candidates into multiple posts who will head the various Regional Rural Banks (RRB) across the country. The recruitment process is done at two levels. They are as follows:
- IBPS RRB Group A Officers: Scale-I (Assistant Manager), Scale-II (Manager), Scale-III (Senior Manager)
- IBPS RRB Group B Office Assistants: Multipurpose Office Assistants
The official notification for IBPS RRB Exam 2020 will soon be released at the official website of IBPS. Since a large number of candidates appear for the IBPS Exam every year, the competition remains high.
Candidates are advised to have a clear concept of the IBPS RRB Syllabus before kick starting their preparation. Doing so will help the candidates to distribute the subjects, as per his/her timetable.
IBPS RRB Syllabus
The IBPS RRB Syllabus for both Group A and Group B Officers covers the following subjects:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language
- Hindi Language
- Computer Knowledge
- General Awareness
- Financial Awareness
IBPS RRB Syllabus for Reasoning Ability:
The reasoning ability section comprises logical and verbal reasoning. The Reasoning Ability topics for IBPS RRB syllabus are mentioned in the table below:
|IBPS RRB Syllabus (Reasoning Ability)|
|Odd man out||Analogy||Syllogism|
|Coding-Decoding||Blood Relation||Alphabet Test|
|Blood Relation||Series Test||Ranking and Time|
|Causes and Effects||Direction Test||Sitting Arrangements|
|Decision Making||Statement and Assumption||Figure Series|
|Assertion and Reason||Statement and Conclusion||Word Formation|
|Statements and Action Courses||Inequalities||Puzzles|
Important tips for solving Reasoning Ability
Reasoning Ability forms an important part of the IBPS RRB Syllabus. This section tests the logical thinking ability of the candidates and hence, many aspirants have difficulty in solving this section due to the tricky questions.
Candidates can follow the below-mentioned tips that will help them in solving the reasoning ability section:
- Candidates must go through the IBPS RRB previous year papers to get an idea of the level of questions asked. Regular practice of the previous year papers will help in building their confidence for this section.
- Several mock tests are available online, which are based on the IBPS RRB Syllabus. Candidates can take up these mock tests online and solve the reasoning section regularly.
- Since this section involves a lot of logical thinking, proper understanding of the questions, along with the given conditions is very important.
- Candidates are also advised to follow a comfortable time table that will help them to practice every section of IBPS RRB syllabus regularly.
- Candidates must select the number of topics that they are going to attempt in the first go. He/she should be very careful in selecting the topics that will be attempted first.
- Aspirants are advised not to start with puzzles unless they have practiced it considerably. Sections such as puzzles and sitting arrangements are very time confusing and should not be attempted first.
- Don’t waste your precious time on a single question. Just move onto the next question if you are taking much time on a single one. Always attempt easy and scoring topics first. Leave the time taking topics to attempt at the end.