5 Things To Do In Singapore That You May Have Missed
There are many things to do in Singapore besides the tourist attractions that everyone seems to know. The layout of this city makes it hard to see everything, and there are some things that you may have missed just by being too busy doing other activities. In this article, we will explore 5 of these lesser-known places and their unique features.
The Gardens by the Bay
If you’re looking for a relaxing day out, head to the Gardens by the Bay. This world-renowned botanical garden is full of beautiful flora and fauna, making it a great spot for a nature walk or picnic. You can also take in some of Singapore’s most famous landmarks from the gardens’ vantage point.
The Marina Barrage Waterpark
Looking for something fun to do in Singapore? Check out the Marina Barrage Waterpark! This amusement park is perfect for all ages and offers an extensive range of attractions, including two huge water slides, a lazy river, a wave pool, and more. Plus, there’s plenty of family-friendly fun to be had here, so everyone can get into the spirit.
Changi Beach is one of Singapore’s most popular tourist destinations. It features stunningly clear waters and a wide range of activities, including swimming, sunbathing, surfing, kayaking, fishing and scuba diving. The beach also offers plenty of restaurants and cafes to enjoy a relaxing day out.
Singapore Zoo is one of Singapore’s most popular tourist destinations with plenty of things to do for the whole family. The zoo has an impressive collection of animals from all over the world including elephants, tigers, lions, and gorillas. There are also a number of bird displays and a rainforest area where you can see tropical birds up close. If you’re looking for something more adventurous, you can take a thrilling Safari ride through the zoo animal enclosures or try your hand at some of the zoo’s interactive exhibits like the climbing wall or giant slide. Whether you’re travelling with children or adults, there’s sure to be something at Singapore Zoo that will keep you entertained.
Must Try Singaporean Food
If you’re looking for a delicious and interesting food experience, try some Singaporean cuisine! Food at Marina Bay Sands is famous. There’s something for everyone at any budget, from inexpensive hawker stalls to high-end restaurants. Here are just a few of the must-try dishes
- Hainanese Chicken Rice – This dish is made of chicken cooked in a special sauce with rice. It’s tasty and fragrant, and you can usually find it at hawker stalls or Chinese restaurants
- Bakmi – This is a type of Malaysian flatbread that’s popular in Singapore. It’s filled with different meats (like beef or pork) or vegetables and sometimes has a dipping sauce on top
- Chilli Crab – This is an iconic dish from Singapore that features crabs cooked in a spicy chilli sauce. It’s best enjoyed fresh out of the kitchen, so be sure to order it when you’re dining at an informal restaurant
- Laksa – Laksa is a type of Malaysian soup that features coconut milk and shrimp paste as the main ingredients. It can be spicy or not, but all versions are very thick and satisfying
- Satay chicken – This dish is made up of skewers of chicken grilled over hot coals until it’s juicy and tender. It can be found at all types of restaurants but is especially popular at Indonesian joints like Jalan Besar Stadium Kopitiam or Tiong Bahru Soya.